Monday, January 18, 2010

Garden Lattice Rocky Mountain Xeriscape; Need A Climbing Vine To Provide Patio Shade

Rocky Mountain Xeriscape; need a climbing vine to provide patio shade - garden lattice

I am looking for a vine that stretches over 120 square meters to create shade trellis in the garden. The region receives about 12 hours of sunshine in the summer. My middle zone 90'F in summer and 10'F in winter with strong winds in spring and fall (weather fun here!).
There must be tolerant to drought and it suits me Xeriscape plan should be after a hard winter (around 0 ° C and back) and able to survive the brutal winds over 40 MPH to.
I wondered, bougainvillea, but do not want thorns on the playground with my family when I have the oleander, but my plants poisonous and should be children and animals.
I'd rather not have leaves, as I like clean sheets and maintenance should be chosen because it has a green thumb and not like gardening. I like the word, and rarely let the weeds, and water or prune, but I'm getting better.
Sure would be some suggestions on how someone who tries to one meter from the earth have friendly harsh climate of the Rocky Mountains.

1 comment:

glenn t said...

Evergreen clematis

Post a Comment